Thursday 2 August 2012

My time in Charlottetown

Hanging out in Charlottetown,

This past week I was able to spend some time in the lovely province of Prince Edward Island. I steamed out of Pugwash on July 29 and made my way up to Charlottetown. It didn't take me too long to make my way to the island, after sailing down the eastern seaboard and back earlier this year, everything seems like a short journey!

I knew I was getting close to PEI when I saw the mighty Confederation bridge spanning across Northumberland Strait. The Confederation bridge reminds me of my friend from Halifax, Benjamin Bridge! Just much bigger of course!

 I docked at the Historic Charlottetown Seaport and was able to do a few tours in the water! I had lots of great people come and visit and was able to show the fine people of Prince Edward Island all about the way a tugboat like me runs!


That is a wondeful photo of some visitors aboard my decks with Captain Peter Murphy :)

After a wonderful visit, (and some delicious Cows Ice Cream!), I began the journey home! I am still making my way back to Nova Scotia and will update everyone when I arrive back!

No comments:

Post a Comment