Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Relaunch of the Bluenose II

Hello fellow Bluenosers!

What a weekend it was! This past Saturday, September 29, marked the grand relaunch of the majestic Bluenose II. A little rain couldn't dampen the day or the spirits of those in attendance. We are maritimers after all!

You could feel the excitement in the air as the Bluenose II sailed throught the waters. What a moment for us Nova Scotians! I was delighted to have been invited to witness this historic event!

As a fellow Bluenose, I share some very interesting things in common with the Bluenose II that many people don't know:

1) Both of us were built in Lunenburg county
2) I was built by some of the same craftsmen that built the beauty (I think we both share the same good looks!)
3) We both have a theme song (Mine can be heard on a daily basis at my home base at Cable Wharf, is slightly more upbeat while the tragic but beautiful melody of the Bluenose really pulls on the heartstrings!)





 
4)We have a book written about us called Theodore Too and the Mystery Guest.

Maritimers share a proud history of many things, but our heritage of wooden boats and schooners is at the top of the list! Maybe I'm biased as I am a wooden boat myself! Either way, there is no denying the importance of the Bluenose II and what she resprents to all of us. I know that Captain Angus Walters and his crew are looking on with great joy.

 Who knows... one day maybe I will be on a Canadian dime as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment